Monday, August 11, 2014

Teaching

Teaching is awesome. I enjoy being able to share my love of art. It's rewarding when a student who said they can't create art proudly displays their finished project. My students learn something new, they learn art is interesting, fun and hard work. And it gives them a great sense of accomplishment.

Creativity is about a sense of play and wonder and that forms the basis for critical thinking and problem solving throughout life. I'm happy to be a part of anything that gets the message out there that art is a vital part of our lives. I could go on and on, but instead I'll leave you with your new motto - get out there and CREATE! (Students from my workshops:)

through the generous support of the Sils Foundation
Funding through the US Dept. Ed. Arts in Education-
Model Development and Dissemination Grant Program


       
3rd graders working on their ecosystems mural
detail from one of the murals, cold and hot deserts